Science and Innovation Network pro-actively builds the opportunities for the UK scientific community to enter into valuable partnerships with policy, business and academic counterparts around the world.
Science and innovation are at the heart of government strategy for prosperity and growth. To promote international collaboration the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office jointly fund the UK Science and Innovation Network (SIN), based in 28 countries around the world. Research and knowledge is increasingly developed and transferred through international collaboration which provides opportunities to work with the best in the world, exchange students and researchers, and gain access to large scale international facilities; leading to mutual benefits for the UK and Turkey.
For an introductory brief which covers the local Science and Innovation landscape, UK priorities and successes in turkey, read the UK Science and Innovation Network Country Snapshot.
SIN Turkey works to:
- influence science and innovation policies of Turkish government, industry and academia to benefit the UK
- improve UK policy based on international experience and emerging opportunities and challenges with Turkey
- stimulate strategic science collaborations with Turkey to benefit the UK and deliver wider policy goals
- harness Turkish international technology partnerships and investment to grow UK innovation capability
- Inform UK policy making – both on S&I policy and other policy areas that use science
- Influence policy abroad across range of policy areas
- SIN Turkey identify opportunities, horizon scanning and facilitating sharing of scientific knowledge
- SIN and its partners stage events in the UK and abroad to help academics, companies and institutions looking to compose research collaboration. Search for SIN Turkey events.
- SIN Turkey is always looking to provide an international network of opportunities for UK academics, companies and institutions looking to compose research collaboration.
SIN Turkey aims to present UK science and innovation (S&I) excellence in Turkey to ensure the UK is a partner of choice and create opportunities for strategic S&I collaboration for the UK’s long-term economic growth and prosperity, working with partners across the Turkey network. In 2016-17 period, SIN aims to
- Create a sustainable high-level bilateral S&I dialogue with dedicated collaborative funding from both countries (Newton-Katip Celebi Fund) as well as EU programmes.
- Build opportunities for UK S&I stakeholders in Turkey to gather information and raise awareness of opportunities for bilateral collaboration by strengthening existing links in key strategic areas such as clean energy, future cities, agri-tech and commercialization which fit SIN priority sectors.
- Increase collaboration between Turkish and European innovation centres, in particular with the UK, in the scope of technology transfer and innovation management activities.
- Increase awareness of UK S&T capabilities in Turkey and vice versa, facilitating collaboration and investment through lobbying, policy reporting and best practice exchange.
- Work with partners including British Council, UK universities, companies and multipliers to identify and exploit opportunities for science and technology partnerships and knowledge transfer between the UK and Turkey.
SIN Turkey works across a wide range of topics, but priority areas for 2016-17 period are:
- Clean energy
- Future Cities
- Technology transfer and IP as a cross-cutting priority.
SIN Turkey does not have regular calls for project proposals. We aim to proactively seek out UK-Turkey collaborations in our priority areas of interest, and to reactively assess any potential projects that are suggested to us. We have good contacts with high-level stakeholders in Turkey and the UK and can assist in building strategic relationships in areas of mutual interest.
Phone: +90-212-334 6450
- Please note that we are not able to answer any visa or consular queries.