British Consulate-General Osaka
〒541 - 0059
3-5-1 Bakuro-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
Telephone (+81) (6) 6120 5600
Fax (+81) (6) 6281 1731
The British Consulate General is open Monday to Friday, 9:30am to midday / 1:00pm to 5:00pm and closed for weekends.
Assistance for British Nationals:
All consular services are provided through the British Embassy in Tokyo. British nationals requiring consular assistance in Japan should call (+81) (3) 5211-1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to report an Emergency involving a British National, please call 03 5211 1100 at any time.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the British Consulate-General, Osaka are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavor to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. The British Consulate-General in Osaka has about 25 staff and security cover during public hours. All staff are happy to help disabled people when they need an assistance. But we would appreciate a minimum of 48 hours notice wherever possible.
General physical access
- Entrances – The British Consulate-General in Osaka is located on the 19th floor of commercial building and is accessible by a lift.
- Toilets - Disabled toilet is located on the ground floor of the building;
- Parking - We have no specific disabled parking space but this can be arranged with 24 hours notice;
- Floor coverings - internal floor surfaces are flat, either stone floors or carpet;
- Handrails – No handrails are installed;
- Doors - All the doors, except door to the waiting room, are locked for security reasons but a member of Consulate-General staff can assist.;
- Lighting - Internal and external lighting of the Consulate-General and its building is satisfactory;
- Emergency/evacuation - The Consulate-General has an alarm and PA systems for an emergency. Disabled and other visitors will be assisted in an emergency;
- Phones - Office can be easily adjusted.
Access for visually-impaired visitors
- Signs - there are currently no Braille signs
- Guide dogs - guide dogs are welcome
Access for Deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- Hearing loops are installed;
- Minicom and textphones are not installed;
- Sign language - We have nobody qualified in Sign Language, however, all Consulate-General staff are willing to assist using pen and paper; *Interpretation: No professional Signing interpretation is available but the Consulate-General will endeavour to arrange this, with notice;
- Hearing dogs: Hearing dogs are welcome
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact Customer Services Team, by telephoning 06 6120 5600 or e-mail our Customer Services team who will try to find an alternative way of providing assistance.
Office holidays in 2016
- Friday 1 January
- Thursday 11 February
- Friday 25 March
- Friday 29 April
- Tuesday 3 May
- Wednesday 4 May
- Monday 18 July
- Monday 19 September
- Thursday 3 November
- Friday 23 December
- Monday 26 December
- Tuesday 27 December
Office holidays in 2017
- Monday 2 January
- Monday 20 March
- Friday 14 April
- Wednesday 3 May
- Thursday 4 May
- Monday 17 July
- Friday 11 August
- Monday 18 September
- Monday 9 October
- Thursday 23 November
- Monday 25 December
- Tuesday 26 December