You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You must already have this visa and all of the following:
- a new endorsement letter from your UK higher education institute or UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) confirming that you’ve made satisfactory progress in developing your business
- at least £945 available
How long you can stay
A Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa can be extended for one year.
You may be able to switch into a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa at the end of your 2 years as a Graduate Entrepreneur if your business is successful.
How to extend your visa
Download and fill in the application form and send it with your documents to the address given on the front of the form.
You should read the guidance on the form in full before you apply.
You must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo). This costs £19.20.
You can give your biometric information at:
- at certain Post Office branches if you applied online
- at a premium service centre if you applied in person
You’ll get a biometric residence permit if your application to extend your visa is successful.
How long it takes
A decision will be made on your application within 8 weeks.
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:
- if your supporting documents need to be verified
- if you need to attend an interview
- because of your personal circumstances, eg you have a criminal conviction
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.