Search all content

1,832 results

1,832 results sorted by Most viewed


Natural England

  1. Countryside Stewardship grants

    Find information about Countryside Stewardship options, capital items and supplements

  2. Natural England

    The home of Natural England on GOV.UK.

  3. Countryside Stewardship: How to apply

    Manuals explain the scheme rules and How to apply guides will help you with your application

  4. Mid Tier and Wildlife Offers manual: Countryside Stewardship

    Manual for all Mid Tier multi-year (including Water Capital item) agreements and Wildlife Offers agreements starting on 1 January 2021

  5. BPS 2020

    Everything rural businesses need to know about the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) in 2020

  6. Report a dead or injured animal

    Report a dead or injured animal such as a badger, fox or domestic pet found on the road

  7. Hunting and shooting wildlife

    Open and closed season for hunting, what you can use and the wildlife you can hunt

  8. Prevent Japanese knotweed from spreading

    How to identify, prevent spread and dispose of Japanese knotweed.

  9. Rights of way and accessing land

    Rights of way and right to roam - access rights of way, open access and permissive access land, use common lands, the Countryside Code, report problems

  10. The Countryside Code

    Responsibilities for visitors to the countryside and those who manage the land.

  11. Public rights of way: landowner responsibilities

    As the owner or occupier of land with a public right of way across it, you must keep the route visible and not obstruct or endanger users.

  12. Four new appointments to the Natural England board

    Defra Ministers have appointed four new non-executive members to the board of Natural England.

  13. Stop invasive non-native plants from spreading

    How to identify, control and dispose of invasive non-native plants that can harm the environment.

  14. Rural payments: land use codes 2020

    What land use codes to use in 2020 when declaring land in a rural payments application (like the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) and Countryside Stewardship (CS))

  15. Pest control on your property

    Find out how you can control pests on your property - help from professionals, methods you can and cannot use, protecting wildlife, getting a wildlife licence

  16. GS2: Permanent grassland with very low inputs (outside SDAs)

    Find out about eligibility and requirements for the permanent grassland with very low inputs (outside SDAs) option.

  17. Foxes, moles and mink: how to protect your property from damage

    Find out how to solve a pest problem with foxes, moles and mink in order to protect your property or business.

  18. Wild birds: protection and licences

    What you must do to avoid harming birds and when you’ll need a licence.

  19. Countryside hedgerows: protection and management

    Find out if you can remove or work on countryside hedgerows.

  20. How to make a capital or revenue claim for Countryside Stewardship

    Read the guidance to help you make your claim for payment using the Rural Payments service or using a paper claim form.