Skip to main content

Search all content

14,671 results

14,671 results sorted by Relevance
  • New rules for towing a trailer with a car from autumn 2021

    There will be new rules about towing a trailer or caravan with a car later in 2021. Find out how the changes affect you.

  • Help for service leavers from Defence Transition Services

    Information about how military personnel and their families can get more support and extra help from Defence Transition Services when leaving the armed forces.

  • HMRC service availability and issues

    Find out about downtime and technical issues with HMRC services.

  • Claim if you were injured while serving in the armed forces

    Compensation schemes you can apply to if you've been injured or became ill while serving in the armed forces - who can claim, how to claim, how long it takes, complaining about decisions

  • Prisons in England and Wales

    Find information on prisons and young offender institutions in England and Wales, including how to arrange visits and how to stay in touch with prisoners.

  • Driving licence categories

    Driving licence categories - entitlements on your licence and what vehicles you can drive - cars, motorcycles, mopeds, medium and large lorries, minibuses and buses;

  • Industrial Emissions Directive (IED): environmental permits issued 2020 G – L

    View the permits issued by the Environment Agency under the Industrial Emissions

  • Country policy and information notes

    Guidance used by UK Visas and Immigration to make decisions in asylum and human rights applications.

  • Vehicle tax rates

    Tables showing the rates for vehicle tax for different types of vehicle.

  • Industrial Emissions Directive (IED): environmental permits issued 2019 G - L

    View the permits issued by the Environment Agency under the Industrial Emissions Directive

  • Migrant health guide: countries A to Z

    Advice and guidance on the health needs of migrant patients for healthcare practitioners.

  • Doctors and medical facilities: worldwide list

    Lists of English-speaking doctors, medical facilities and practitioners around the world to help British people abroad access healthcare.

  • Changes to drug driving law

    Explains changes to drug driving law and the guidance available for healthcare professionals and users of prescription medicine.

  • Consular Fees

    Cost of consular services abroad including notarial, documentary and legalisation fees.

  • Tax treaties

    Find out information on the UK's tax treaties, related taxation documents and multilateral agreements.

  • Urgent help for veterans

    Veterans needing urgent help in a crisis can contact us or the following organisations for assistance.

  • Veterans Welfare Service

    The Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) provides a professional help and advice service to veterans or anyone supporting a veteran, their families and dependants.

  • Living in country guides

    Advice for UK nationals living abroad, including residency, health and benefits, and specific advice for people following the UK's departure from the EU.

  • Tax codes

    What tax codes are, how they're worked out, and what to do if you think your code is wrong.

  • Veterans UK

    The home of Veterans UK on GOV.UK. We provide free support for veterans and their families, including a helpline, Veterans Welfare Service, Defence Transition Services and injury/bereavement compensation scheme payments.