Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do

Stay at home

  • Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
  • If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
  • Wash your hands as soon as you get home

Do not meet others, even friends or family.

You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.

Search all content

451,943 results

451,943 results sorted by Most viewed
  1. Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do

    Find out about the government response to coronavirus (COVID-19) and what you need to do.

  2. Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK

    The latest number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk level in the UK.

  3. Sign in to your Universal Credit account

    Sign in to your Universal Credit account - report a change, add a note to your journal, see your payments and do other tasks

  4. COVID-19: track coronavirus cases

    Dashboard showing reported cases of coronavirus in the UK, including new cases, cases by upper tier local authority in England and number of deaths.

  5. Staying at home and away from others (social distancing)

    The single most important action we can all take in fighting coronavirus is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.

  6. Universal Credit

    Universal Credit is replacing 6 other benefits with a single monthly payment if you're out of work or on a low income - eligibility, how to prepare

  7. COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses

    Guidance for employees, employers and businesses in providing advice about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

  8. Get coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person

    Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus.

  9. Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response

    COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways.

  10. Claim for your employee’s wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme

    Find out if you’re eligible and how much you can claim to cover wages for employees on temporary leave (“furlough”) due to coronavirus (COVID-19).

  11. HMRC services: sign in or register

    Sign in or register for your personal or business tax account, Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, PAYE for employers, VAT and other services

  12. Travel advice: coronavirus (COVID-19)

    Guidance for British people travelling overseas during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

  13. COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection

    Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.

  14. Tax your vehicle

    Renew or tax your vehicle for the first time using a reminder letter, your log book or the green 'new keeper' slip - and how to tax if you do not have any documents

  15. Apply for Universal Credit

    Apply for Universal Credit - a monthly payment to help with your living costs if you’re on a low income or out of work.

  16. Check the MOT history of a vehicle

    Check the MOT history of a vehicle from 2005 onwards, including if it passed or failed, its mileage and why it failed

  17. Claim a grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme

    Use this scheme if you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have lost income due to coronavirus.

  18. COVID-19: guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people

    Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK, including children, and protecting older people and vulnerable people.

  19. Closing certain businesses and venues

    This document provides guidance on the closure of certain businesses and venues as part of further social distancing measures.

  20. Benefits

    Includes eligibility, appeals, tax credits and Universal Credit