FCO Open House
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) opens its doors as part of the annual Open House London festival on Sunday 18 September 2016.
Every year, FCO welcomes thousands of visitors during the Open House London festival. You’ll be able to:
- hear about FCO’s formation and important historic events that have taken place within its walls
- see the impressive architecture and fine rooms
- see how the building is being updated to meet the needs of the modern world while maintaining its historical significance
- learn about how the modern FCO supports the government on the international stage and the service it provides to the UK public around the world
- meet staff and hear about what it’s like to work in FCO
When you can visit
You can visit the FCO between 10am and 5pm (last entry 4:30pm) on Sunday 18 September 2016.
Where to go
Turn up at the building entrance on King Charles Street. Entry is free.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
King Charles Street
Take a virtual tour of the FCO
Take a virtual tour of the fine rooms and staircases of the FCO’s buildings through 360° photographs and accompanying podcasts.
Art on display in the FCO
Watch a short film about ‘The art of diplomacy’, which looks at historic art on display in the FCO, and the role it plays in international diplomacy.
About Open House
Open House London celebrates all that’s best about the capital’s buildings, places and neighbourhoods. Every September, it gives a unique opportunity to get under the skin of London’s amazing architecture, with over 700 buildings of all kinds opening their doors to everyone - all for free.
You can read more about:
Follow the Foreign Office on: