To increase the influence of civil society and Parliament in the governance of public goods and service delivery, with the ultimate goal of improving the accountability and responsiveness of Ghana’s government, traditional authorities and the private sector.
STAR-Ghana is designed to deliver the following outputs:
- increase the capability of CSOs to enable citizens, particularly women and excluded groups, to claim rights
- enhance civil society engagement in policy formulation, implementation and monitoring
- increase the use of civil society evidence in policy and practice
- improve the representative, oversight, and lawmaking functions of selected parliamentary committees
How to apply
Full details available on the STAR-Ghana website
Background information on the fund
STAR-Ghana is a 5-year multi-donor pooled funding mechanism (funded by the Department for International Development, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, and the EU) to increase the influence of civil society and parliament in the governance of public goods and service delivery in Ghana. Its ultimate goal is to improve the accountability and responsiveness of Ghana’s government, traditional authorities and the private sector.
- Development Tracker - detailed information on the fund