The Foundation for Civil Society: Tanzania provides grants and other capacity-building support to civil society organisations in Tanzania.
The foundation aims to contribute to the development of a vibrant, effective and innovative civil society sector. This will help citizens engage in the democratic process, promote human rights, contribute to poverty reduction and enjoy a better quality of life. The foundation’s grants to civil society organisations are designed to help economically disadvantaged and vulnerable citizens to:
- access information and understand policies, laws and their rights
- engage in policy formulation and the monitoring of poverty reduction
- contribute to social development
- hold the government and private sectors to account
There are 3 types of grants:
- Strategic Grants (SG) up to TZS 150 million
- Medium Grants (MG) up to TZS 45 million
- Rolling Small Grants (RSG) up to TZS 7.5 million
The Foundation for Civil Society is a Tanzanian non-profit company designed and funded by a group of development partners including DFID. It is governed by an independent board.
How to apply
Details available on the Foundation for Civil Society: Tanzania website.
- Development Tracker - Detailed information on the fund