Trust or Company Service Providers (TCSPs): Types of businesses that are TCSPs
- Company Formation Agents
- Providers of registered offices, business addresses, accommodation or correspondence addresses for businesses other than sole proprietors
- Any individual or firm providing nominee director, nominee company secretary or nominee shareholder services or other similar services, designed to ensure the confidentiality of the true ownership or control of a company or corporate body, or to act in these roles on behalf of another person or firm
- Any individual or firm arranging for another person to act as a director, company secretary, partner or professional trustee (in the way described in the example in definition of “arranging” see MLR2R7100)
- Any individual or firm offering professional trustee services, unless they relate to certain low risk trusts. See MLR2R7400
- Any individual or firm providing their services as nominee shareholder (unless they are acting for a company whose securities are listed on a regulated market)
- Any firm providing their services as a company director, company secretary, or partner to another firm unless the client firm is a member of the same group as the firm providing the service.
- Any individual providing their service
- as nominee director or nominee company secretary or
as company director, company secretary or partner to a firm carrying out business in the following high risk areas;
within a high risk jurisdiction (see MLR9 regarding what is a high risk jurisdiction)
within a high risk sector (see MLR9 regarding what is a high risk sector)
unless the firm is
* already supervised under the MLR or * a public authority or * a firm authorised by a public authority to act on their behalf where the only customers are also public authorities.