Roles and Responsibilities: The Remote Compliance Team
The Remote Compliance Team is made up of the Registration Team and the Central Intervention Team.
The Registration Team is responsible for:
- Maintaining HMRC’s MLR register
- Processing registration applications and the payments of fees and penalties
- Issuing warning letters and penalties
- Managing penalties and liaising with DMU on debt collection
- Undertaking ongoing monitoring of individuals fit and proper and approval status
- Finanace - including reconciliation, refunds for non-digital and digital customers.
The Central Intervention Team is responsible for:
- providing a written enquiry function with businesses who potentially may need to register or are registered
- signposting the businesses to key guidance and replying to enquiries in line with charter standards
- highlighting developments and trends in the sectors that are supervised using information contained in enquiries
- dealing with HumInt in the appropriate HMRC way
- helping identify those businesses who should be supervised by HMRC.