Changes in Legislation: Legislative background to this guidance
The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 came into force on 26 June 2017. These apply to:
- Money Service Businesses (MSBs)
- High Value Dealers (HVDs)
- Trust or Company Service Providers (TCSPS)
- Accountancy Service Providers (ASPs)
- Estate Agency Businesses (EABs)
- Bill Payment Service Providers (BPSPs)
- Telecommunication, Digital and IT Payment Service Providers (TDITPSPs)
The supervisory and registration interpretation and requirements are set out in Part 6 of the regulations.
This guidance only applies to business activities that are supervised by HMRC for the purposes of the Regulations.