Incorrect/Incomplete Applications: What to do
If a business / applicant submits an incomplete application for registration or fails to pay the correct fee(s) you must give them the opportunity to provide the additional information / correct fee.
This is the process you should follow:
- Identify what information is missing
- Write to the business / individual asking for the missing information
- The business should reply within 21 days of the date of the letter. After 21 days the Registration Team checks if the information has been received.
- Where full details are received, appropriate fees have been paid and any fit and proper applications have been processed, Registration will process the application and issue a certificate.
- If after 21 days of the date of the letter, full information is not received, then write to the business saying their application has failed, returning/refunding their registration fee depending on whether or not it has been processed. Businesses will now be required to send in a new and complete application if they wish to trade.