Penalties guidance: calculating penalties: points to consider: before the visit
There are various points to consider when calculating and issuing compliance penalties.
Before the Visit
Before the visit establish what information will be needed if a penalty is a likely outcome.
Points to consider:
- is the business a TCSP/ASP/EAB or MSB/HVD, this will determine how the penalty will be calculated
- on what date was any previous warning or penalty notice issued
- what improvements were required in these notices
- have the improvements been made
- what will you need to consider to establish this
- what details will you need if you have to do a determination