Testing traders' systems: receipt of form PA1
The authorising officer must send the form PA1 (Word 49KB) to CHIEF Operations via the CFSP Unit of Expertise (UoE). On receipt, CHIEF Operations will:
- input the traders details
- create a role and location
- allocate the CHIEF user role for an EDCS user or
- set up the ‘Supp Dec - any agent’ where appropriate.
They will then email the CFSP Unit of Expertise (UoE) confirming that:
- the trader has been set up in training/live mode as appropriate
- the role and location details for traders using EDCS routes to CHIEF
The UoE will advise the authorising officer of these details.
Whilst the trader is testing they should ensure their own software is set to training mode. Care must be taken where the trader has selected DTI option 1 (existing frontier badge) or email option 2 (existing third party email badge) as with these options the badges are live immediately.