Applying for Customs Authorisations and Approvals: Applying for Temporary Storage and Approved Depositories
Applicants should submit a register of interest form, available from the National Frontiers Approval Unit, Border Force (NFAU).
Guidance notes on the completion of this form may also be obtained from the NFAU.
The completed register of interest application form should be returned to the NFAU. Following checks on whether TS is appropriate, an application form will be issued and must be returned accompanied by the following additional Information:
· A Temporary Storage application form
· 3 copies of a map of the premises showing clearly the:
o Area inside the premises to be used for temporary storage which should be outlined in red.
o Position of the Customs examination area and the ullage/secure area.
· The address of the premises to be approved needs to be displayed on the map and it should be signed and dated by an authorised person.
· Financial security for the operation of the new Temporary Storage facility via a guarantee.
· A copy of your company’s Certificate of Incorporation.
· Where a comprehensive guarantee is not held covering both procedures, a copy of your Community Transit (CT) guarantee or guarantee waiver if using NCTS to move goods.
· A copy of your company’s Health and Safety policy for this site.
· A copy of your latest Company Directors list to include their dates of birth and addresses.
· A copy of your Certificate of Employers Liability Insurance.
The application form and additional information should be submitted to the Customs authorities at the following address:
National Frontiers Approval Unit
UK Border Agency
1st Floor, Admin Block
The Cargo Centre
Birmingham International Airport
Tel: 0121 781 7861/7856
Fax: 0121 781 7869
Economic operators wishing to apply for an Approved Depository should contact:
The Authorisations and Returns Team (ART)
2nd Floor East
Castle Meadow Road
Telephone: 03000 564478
Fax: 03000 564570
The application form and additional information for approved depositories should be submitted to the customs authorities at the above address.