This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Customs Authorisation and Approval

Applying for Customs Authorisations and Approvals: Applying for Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Status

Applications for AEO status should be made using form C117.

This form may be found on GOV .UK here: C117.

Guidance notes on the completion of this form may be accessed here: Explanatory notes.

Applicants must also complete Form C118, AEO self-assessment Questionnaire

The application form and self-assessment questionnaire should be submitted to the Customs authorities at the following address:

HMRC AEO Central Site
Fitz Roy House
Castle Meadow Road