Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a product manager within a digital team, for experienced product managers.
This GDS Academy course is for people who have recently become or about to become product managers and are working on digital teams.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to deepen knowledge of the product manager role and provide experience in a number of techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the product manager, and identify the characteristics required to be a good or great product manager
- use techniques to develop a product vision
- understand how impact mapping, story mapping and hypothesis testing can be used on your team to generate a product backlog
- understand behaviour driven development and how this is used on digital teams
- The role of the product manager
- Developing a vision and a roadmap
- What makes a good Discovery, Alpha and Beta
- Sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Preparing for a GDS service assessment
- Measurement and Google analytics
The course takes 3 working days:
- Day 1: 10am to 5:30pm
- Day 2: 9am to 5:30pm
- Day 3: 9am to 4:30pm
The course costs £390 (not including VAT) for each person.
Training locations and dates
|Manchester||23 October to 25 October||Fully booked|
|Leeds||30 October to 01 November||Places available|
|Newcastle||20 November to 22 November||Places available|
Request a place
To request a place on this course:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from the person or department that approves your organisation’s training budget
Email email@example.com with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
We will email you to confirm your booking, once we process your request.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle.