Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a product manager within a digital team, for experienced product managers.
This GDS Academy course is for people who have recently become or about to become product managers and are working on digital teams.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to deepen knowledge of the product manager role and provide experience in a number of techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the product manager, and identify the characteristics required to be a good or great product manager
- use techniques to develop a product vision
- understand how impact mapping, story mapping and hypothesis testing can be used on your team to generate a product backlog
- understand behaviour driven development and how this is used on digital teams
- The role of the product manager
- Developing a vision and a roadmap
- What makes a good Discovery, Alpha and Beta
- Sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Preparing for a GDS service assessment
- Measurement and Google analytics
The course takes 3 working days:
- Day 1 - 10am to 5:30pm
- Day 2 - 9am to 5:30pm
- Day 3 - 9am to 4:30pm
|Newcastle||05 to 07 December 2017||Fully booked|
|Leeds||23 to 25 January 2018||Places available|
|London||6 to 8 March 2018||Places available|
|Newcastle||13 to 15 January 2018||Places available|
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the course you’re applying for
- your name
- your job title and organisation
- a short explanation of the services, projects or programmes you’re currently responsible for, or will be in the future
We can’t offer you a place on this course if you don’t include this in your email.