Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a product manager within a digital team, for experienced product managers.
This GDS Academy course is for people who have recently become or about to become product managers and are working on digital teams.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to deepen knowledge of the product manager role and provide experience in a number of techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the product manager, and identify the characteristics required to be a good or great product manager
- use techniques to develop a product vision
- understand how impact mapping, story mapping and hypothesis testing can be used on your team to generate a product backlog
- understand behaviour driven development and how this is used on digital teams
- The role of the product manager
- Developing a vision and a roadmap
- What makes a good Discovery, Alpha and Beta
- Sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Preparing for a GDS service assessment
- Measurement and Google analytics
The course takes 3 working days:
- Day 1: 10am to 5:30pm
- Day 2: 9am to 5:30pm
- Day 3: 9am to 4:30pm
The course costs £390 (not including VAT) for each person.
To book a place on this training:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from your line manager
Training locations and dates
We process bookings using Eventbrite. If you do not have an account, you will have to register to book on a course.
|Newcastle||15 May to 17 May||Book now|
|London||19 June to 21 June||Book now|
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.