Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a product manager within a digital team, for experienced product managers.
This GDS Academy course is for experienced product managers working on digital teams.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to deepen knowledge of the product manager role and provide experience in a number of techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the product manager and identify the characteristics required to be a good or great product manager
- use techniques to develop a product vision
- understand how impact mapping, story mapping and hypothesis testing can be used on your team to generate a product backlog
- understand behaviour-driven development and how this is used on digital teams
- The role of the product manager
- Developing a vision and a roadmap
- What makes a good Discovery, Alpha and Beta
- Sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Preparing for a GDS service assessment
- Measurement and Google analytics
The course takes 3 working days:
Day 1 - 10:00am to 5:00pm
Day 2 - 9:30am to 5:30pm
Day 3 - 0:30am to 4:00pm
The course costs £540 (plus VAT) for each person.
You must have a purchase order before requesting a place on the course.
The GDS Academy has offices in Leeds and London. We run training courses from both locations.
We also run courses in pop-up locations. You will see these in the:
‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Ask a trainer to come to you
If you cannot travel to Leeds or London, you can ask a GDS Academy trainer to come to you. For example, they can travel to your office. You will need to pay for the trainer’s travel, accommodation and VAT.
If you want a trainer to come to you, email GDS Academy: email@example.com.
|Leeds||7 to 9 April||Postponed|
|London||5 to 7 May||Postponed|
|Leeds||2 to 4 June||Postponed|
|London||23 to 25 June||Postponed|
New course dates
GDS Academy publishes new course dates approximately 4 times a year.
You can see these in the:
- GDS Academy newsletter
- ‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Book a place
You need a purchase order number before you can book a course.
Email GDS Academy
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with your:
- mobile phone number
- course name, the number of courses, and the number of places
- course location
- course date
- purchase order number
Tell us how many trainees there will be
You can book for one person or a group of people.
If you want to book for a group, you can choose:
- an open group (people from other organisations can join the training)
- a closed group (this is only for you and people you invite)
If you are booking for a closed group, you must include:
- where you want to host the course (location)
- when you would like to host the course (date)
Contact GDS Academy
Email GDS Academy: email@example.com