Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a delivery manager within a digital team.
This GDS Academy course is for associate delivery managers and delivery managers working on digital teams.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide a deeper understanding of the role of a delivery manager and explore some of the techniques and methods commonly used on digital teams.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- explain the role of the delivery manager, and the characteristics required of a good or great delivery manager
- describe different agile patterns and when they are typically used
- explain and implement effective agile ceremonies
- communicate the role of the delivery manager in forming high performing teams
- The role of the delivery manager
- Agile patterns
- Agile ceremonies
- Team forming
- Minimum viable product and story mapping
- Impact mapping
The course takes 3 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
The course costs £390 (not including VAT) for each person.
To book a place on this training:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from your line manager
Participants are expected to have at least 6 months’ experience in their role. Applicants should be familiar with Scrum as an agile method. This could include working within a Scrum team or using an agile framework. A working knowledge of the agile values and principles is required.
Training locations and dates
There are no available courses. We will publish course dates as soon as they are available.
GDS training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.