Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a delivery manager within a digital team.
This GDS Academy course is for associate delivery managers and delivery managers working on digital teams.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide a deeper understanding of the role of a delivery manager and explore some of the techniques and methods commonly used on digital teams.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- explain the role of the delivery manager, and the characteristics required of a good or great delivery manager
- describe different agile patterns and when they are typically used
- explain and implement effective agile ceremonies
- communicate the role of the delivery manager in forming high performing teams
- The role of the delivery manager
- Agile patterns
- Agile ceremonies
- Team forming
- Minimum viable product and story mapping
- Impact mapping
The course takes 3 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
The course costs £390 (not including VAT) for each person. The GDS Academy will invoice your organisation for the cost of each place taken on the course.
To book a place on this course:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from the person or department that approves your organisation’s training budget
To request a place on this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
We will email you to confirm your booking, once we process your request.
Please note, if you previously booked using Eventbrite, your place is still confirmed, and no additional action is required.
Participants are expected to have at least 6 months’ experience in their role. Applicants should be familiar with Scrum as an agile method. This could include working within a Scrum team or using an agile framework. A working knowledge of the agile values and principles is required.
Training locations and dates
|Leeds||24 July to 26 July|
|Newcastle||07 August to 09 August|
|London||21 August to 23 August|
|Manchester||11 September to 13 September|
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.