Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a business analyst within a digital team, for experienced business analysts.
This GDS Academy course focuses on the business analyst role within a digital service. It does not aim to cover all business analysis techniques (there is an assumed level of knowledge here).
Course aims and objectives
The learning objective is to help business analysts understand their role on digital projects by exploring the role and by showing and using some of the techniques that are typically being used.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the business analyst on a digital team
- explain how the business analyst works with other members of a multidisciplinary team and what the business analyst brings to the team
- develop user stories and acceptance criteria
- The role of the business analyst
- Talks from a user researcher, delivery manager, technical architect, developer, QA, experienced business analyst, product owner
- User stories, story mapping, story splitting
- How a business analyst impacts each phase
- The Three Amigos process
- Acceptance criteria
- Behaviour driven development and continuous integration
This course is appropriate for existing business analysts who are about to start work on, or have recently joined, digital teams. A minimum of 6 months’ business analysis experience is required.
The course is focused on business analysts understanding their role on digital projects. It does not cover traditional business analysis methods or techniques.
The course takes 3 working days.
Day 1 - 10:00am to 5:00pm
Day 2 - 9:30am to 5:00pm
Day 3 - 9:30am to 4:00pm
The course costs £540 (plus VAT) for each person.
You must have a purchase order before requesting a place on the course.
The GDS Academy has offices in Leeds and London. We run training courses from both locations.
We also run courses in pop-up locations. You will see these in the:
‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Ask a trainer to come to you
If you cannot travel to Leeds or London, you can ask a GDS Academy trainer to come to you. For example, they can travel to your office. You will need to pay for the trainer’s travel, accommodation and VAT.
If you want a trainer to come to you, email GDS Academy: email@example.com.
|Leeds||21 to 23 April||Postponed|
|London||21 to 23 April||Postponed|
|London||26 to 28 May||Postponed|
|Leeds||16 to 18 June||Postponed|
New course dates
GDS Academy publishes new course dates approximately 4 times a year.
You can see these in the:
- GDS Academy newsletter
- ‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Book a place
You need a purchase order number before you can book a course.
Email GDS Academy
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with your:
- mobile phone number
- course name, the number of courses, and the number of places
- course location
- course date
- purchase order number
Tell us how many trainees there will be
You can book for one person or a group of people.
If you want to book for a group, you can choose:
- an open group (people from other organisations can join the training)
- a closed group (this is only for you and people you invite)
If you are booking for a closed group, you must include:
- where you want to host the course (location)
- when you would like to host the course (date)
Contact GDS Academy
Email GDS Academy: email@example.com