Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a business analyst within a digital team, for experienced business analysts.
This GDS Academy course focuses on the business analyst role within a digital service. It does not aim to cover all business analysis techniques (there is an assumed level of knowledge here).
Course aims and objectives
The learning objective is to help business analysts understand their role on digital projects by exploring the role and by showing and using some of the techniques that are typically being used.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the business analyst on a digital team
- explain how the business analyst works with other members of a multidisciplinary team and what the business analyst brings to the team
- develop user stories and acceptance criteria
- The role of the business analyst
- Talks from a user researcher, delivery manager, technical architect, developer, QA, experienced business analyst, product owner
- User stories, story mapping, story splitting
- How a business analyst impacts each phase
- The Three Amigos process
- Acceptance criteria
- Behaviour driven development and continuous integration
The course takes 3 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
This course is appropriate for existing business analysts who are about to start work on, or have recently joined, digital teams. A minimum of 6 months business analysis experience is required. The course is focused on business analysts’ understanding their role on digital projects and it does not cover traditional business analysis methods or techniques.
Course dates and locations
|Newcastle||6 to 8 March 2018||Fully booked|
Getting to the GDS Academy offices
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the course you’re applying for
- your name
- your job title and organisation
- a short explanation of the services, projects or programmes you’re currently responsible for, or will be in the future
We can’t offer you a place on this course if you don’t include this in your email.