Three-day GDS Academy course on the role of a business analyst within a digital team, for experienced business analysts.
This GDS Academy course focuses on the business analyst role within a digital service. It does not aim to cover all business analysis techniques (there is an assumed level of knowledge here).
Course aims and objectives
The learning objective is to help business analysts understand their role on digital projects by exploring the role and by showing and using some of the techniques that are typically being used.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the business analyst on a digital team
- explain how the business analyst works with other members of a multidisciplinary team and what the business analyst brings to the team
- develop user stories and acceptance criteria
- The role of the business analyst
- Talks from a user researcher, delivery manager, technical architect, developer, QA, experienced business analyst, product owner
- User stories, story mapping, story splitting
- How a business analyst impacts each phase
- The Three Amigos process
- Acceptance criteria
- Behaviour driven development and continuous integration
The course takes 3 working days. It usually runs from 9am to 5:30pm.
The course costs £390 (not including VAT) for each person. The GDS Academy will invoice your organisation for the cost of each place taken on the course.
To book a place on this course:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from the person or department that approves your organisation’s training budget
To request a place on this course, email email@example.com with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
We will email you to confirm your booking, once we process your request.
Please note, if you previously booked using Eventbrite, your place is still confirmed, and no additional action is required.
This course is appropriate for existing business analysts who are about to start work on, or have recently joined, digital teams. A minimum of 6 months business analysis experience is required. The course is focused on business analysts’ understanding their role on digital projects and it does not cover traditional business analysis methods or techniques.
Training locations and dates
|Leeds||10 July to 12 July|
|Manchester||17 July to 19 July|
|Newcastle||24 July to 26 July|
|London||24 July to 26 July|
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.