Half-day course covering the scope of artificial intelligence (AI) in government.
This GDS Academy course is for anyone interested in understanding what AI is, how it’s being used in government now and how to get started with AI.
Course aims and objectives
This course will deepen your knowledge of the use of AI in government.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- describe AI in terms of machine learning, deep learning and robotic process automation, and identify what is needed for each to be successful
- recognise key terms such as supervised and unsupervised learning
- discuss the importance of ethics and transparency in using this new technology in government
- explain the facts of AI and dispel myths and science fiction
- Introduction to AI
- Introduction to machine learning
- Ethics and myths in AI
- Where to get started in government
Our courses are available to civil servants, local government employees, devolved administrations and other public servants, at any grade, who are interested in what AI can do. It would be of interest to leaders in a non-digital environment as well as practitioners who are considering robotic process automation or AI.
The course is 3 hours (10am to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm).
The course costs £140 (plus VAT) for each person.
You must have a purchase order before requesting a place on the course.
The GDS Academy has offices in Leeds and London. We run training courses from both locations.
We also run courses in pop-up locations. You will see these in the:
‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Ask a trainer to come to you
If you cannot travel to Leeds or London, you can ask a GDS Academy trainer to come to you. For example, they can travel to your office. You will need to pay for the trainer’s travel, accommodation and VAT.
If you want a trainer to come to you, email GDS Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New course dates
GDS Academy publishes new course dates approximately 4 times a year.
You can see these in the:
- GDS Academy newsletter
- ‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Book a place
You need a purchase order number before you can book a course.
Email GDS Academy
Email email@example.com, with your:
- mobile phone number
- course name, the number of courses, and the number of places
- course location
- course date
- purchase order number
Tell us how many trainees there will be
You can book for one person or a group of people.
If you want to book for a group, you can choose:
- an open group (people from other organisations can join the training)
- a closed group (this is only for you and people you invite)
If you are booking for a closed group, you must include:
- where you want to host the course (location)
- when you would like to host the course (date)
Contact GDS Academy
Email GDS Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org