Half-day course covering the scope of artificial intelligence (AI) in government.
This GDS Academy course is for anyone interested in understanding what AI is, how it’s being used in government now and how to get started with AI.
Course aims and objectives
This course will deepen your knowledge of the use of AI in government.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- describe AI in terms of machine learning, deep learning and robotic process automation, and identify what is needed for each to be successful
- recognise key terms such as supervised and unsupervised learning
- discuss the importance of ethics and transparency in using this new technology in government
- explain the facts of AI and dispel myths and science fiction
- Introduction to AI
- Introduction to machine learning
- Ethics and myths in AI
- Where to get started in government
This course is suitable for anybody at any civil service grade interested in what AI can do. It would be of interest to leaders in a non-digital environment as well as practitioners who are considering robotic process automation or AI.
The course is 3 hours (10am to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm)
The course costs £100 (not including VAT) for each person
You must have a purchase order before requesting a place on the course
Training locations and dates
|Manchester||13 March, 10am to 1pm||Places available|
|Leeds||14 March, 10am to 1pm||Places available|
New course dates
We publish course dates around 4 times a year. Subscribe to our newsletter to know about new course dates, courses and programmes.
Request a place
To request a place on this course:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from the person or department that approves your organisation’s training budget
Email email@example.com with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
- your purchase order number
We will email you to confirm your booking, once we process your request.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle.