Three-day GDS Academy course on leading across multiple self-organising, cross-functional teams within a service or programme for senior leaders.
This GDS Academy course is for senior public service leaders who need to understand how a digital service is designed, delivered and operated, so that they can realise the benefits of digital for citizens, their department and wider government.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is for senior leaders to understand how to lead across self-organising, cross-functional teams, so that they can take responsibility for delivering all aspects of a service or programme.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the agile principles and methods adopted in government
- explain the importance of user research and user needs
- role model the change in culture and leadership that supports agile working
- demonstrate learning for developing a service and assessing the health of a project
- explain the government digital landscape
- Digital capability
- Ways of working
- Deciding what to do
- The people we need to deliver
- What happens when?
- Team dynamics
- Governing digital service
- Engagement, stakeholders and users
- The high-performing digital service
- Leadership revisited
Length of course
The course takes 3 working days. It usually runs from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
You must be Civil Service grade 7 and above (or equivalent) to attend this course.
Course dates and locations
|London||13 to 15 March 2018||Fully booked|
Getting to GDS Academy offices
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London and Newcastle.
How to apply
Email email@example.com with:
- the course you’re applying for
- your name
- your job title and organisation
- a short explanation of the services, projects or programmes you’re currently responsible for, or will be in the future
We can’t offer you a place on this course if you don’t include this in your email.