Three-day GDS Academy course on leading across multiple self-organising, cross-functional teams within a service or programme for senior leaders.
This GDS Academy course is for senior public service leaders who need to understand how a digital service is designed, delivered and operated, so that they can realise the benefits of digital for citizens, their department and wider government.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is for senior leaders to understand how to lead across self-organising, cross-functional teams, so that they can take responsibility for delivering all aspects of a service or programme.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the agile principles and methods adopted in government
- explain the importance of user research and user needs
- role model the change in culture and leadership that supports agile working
- demonstrate learning for developing a service and assessing the health of a project
- explain the government digital landscape
- Digital capability
- Ways of working
- Deciding what to do
- The people we need to deliver
- What happens when?
- Team dynamics
- Governing digital service
- Engagement, stakeholders and users
- The high-performing digital service
- Leadership revisited
You must be Civil Service grade 7 and above (or equivalent) to attend this course.
The course takes 3 working days. It usually runs from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
The course costs £390 (not including VAT) for each person.
Training locations and dates
|Leeds||27 November to 29 November||Places available|
Request a place
To request a place on this course:
- your organisation must have a training agreement with the Academy
- you must have permission from the person or department that approves your organisation’s training budget
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name
- your organisation
- the course name
- the date and location you would like to attend
- your training code (if your organisation has given you one)
We will email you to confirm your booking, once we process your request.
GDS Academy training locations
Find out how to get to our training locations in Leeds, London, Manchester and Newcastle.