Three-day GDS Academy course on leading across multiple self-organising, cross-functional teams within a service or programme for senior leaders.
This GDS Academy course is for senior public service leaders who need to understand how a digital service is designed, delivered and operated, so that they can realise the benefits of digital for citizens, their department and wider government.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is for senior leaders to understand how to lead across self-organising, cross-functional teams, so that they can take responsibility for delivering all aspects of a service or programme.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the agile principles and methods adopted in government
- explain the importance of user research and user needs
- role model the change in culture and leadership that supports agile working
- demonstrate learning for developing a service and assessing the health of a project
- explain the government digital landscape
- Digital capability
- Ways of working
- Deciding what to do
- The people we need to deliver
- What happens when?
- Team dynamics
- Governing digital service
- Engagement, stakeholders and users
- The high-performing digital service
- Leadership revisited
Our courses are available to civil servants, local government employees, devolved administrations and other public servants. You must be Civil Service grade 7 (or equivalent) or above to attend this course.
The course takes 3 working days.
Day 1 - 10:00am to 5:00pm
Day 2 - 9:30am to 5:00pm
Day 3 - 9:30am to 4:00pm
The course costs £540 (plus VAT) for each person.
You must have a purchase order before requesting a place on the course.
The GDS Academy has offices in Leeds and London. We run training courses from both locations.
We also run courses in pop-up locations. You will see these in the:
‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Ask a trainer to come to you
If you cannot travel to Leeds or London, you can ask a GDS Academy trainer to come to you. For example, they can travel to your office. You will need to pay for the trainer’s travel, accommodation and VAT.
If you want a trainer to come to you, email GDS Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Leeds||28 to 30 April||Postponed|
|London||16 to 18 June||Postponed|
New course dates
GDS Academy publishes new course dates approximately 4 times a year.
You can see these in the:
- GDS Academy newsletter
- ‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Book a place
You need a purchase order number before you can book a course.
Email GDS Academy
Email email@example.com, with your:
- mobile phone number
- course name, the number of courses, and the number of places
- course location
- course date
- purchase order number
Tell us how many trainees there will be
You can book for one person or a group of people.
If you want to book for a group, you can choose:
- an open group (people from other organisations can join the training)
- a closed group (this is only for you and people you invite)
If you are booking for a closed group, you must include:
- where you want to host the course (location)
- when you would like to host the course (date)
Contact GDS Academy
Email GDS Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org