One-day GDS Academy course introducing digital and agile for any member of staff working in a public body.
This GDS Academy course is for all staff who want to understand what digital means in government. You will also get the chance to explore the methodology we are using to deliver digital services, including agile.
Course aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of digital and how this is being taken forward across government.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe what digital means across government
- demonstrate the behaviours to support a digital team culture by supporting user-centred design, agile and multidisciplinary team approaches
- identify next steps and any further capability needs
- Digital awareness
- Thinking agile
- User centred design
- What next?
Our courses are available to civil servants, local government employees, devolved administrations and other public servants.
This course is one working day and runs from 10am until 4pm.
The course costs £180 (plus VAT) for each person.
You must have a purchase order before requesting a place on the course.
The GDS Academy has offices in Leeds and London. We run training courses from both locations.
We also run courses in pop-up locations. You will see these in the:
‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Ask a trainer to come to you
If you cannot travel to Leeds or London, you can ask a GDS Academy trainer to come to you. For example, they can travel to your office. You will need to pay for the trainer’s travel, accommodation and VAT.
If you want a trainer to come to you, email GDS Academy: email@example.com.
New course dates
GDS Academy publishes new course dates approximately 4 times a year.
You can see these in the:
- GDS Academy newsletter
- ‘course dates’ section (on every course information page)
Book a place
You need a purchase order number before you can book a course.
Email GDS Academy
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with your:
- mobile phone number
- course name, the number of courses, and the number of places
- course location
- course date
- purchase order number
Tell us how many trainees there will be
You can book for one person or a group of people.
If you want to book for a group, you can choose:
- an open group (people from other organisations can join the training)
- a closed group (this is only for you and people you invite)
If you are booking for a closed group, you must include:
- where you want to host the course (location)
- when you would like to host the course (date)
Contact GDS Academy
Email GDS Academy: email@example.com