British Embassy Vientiane
Telephone +856 (0)30 770 0000
Monday to Friday:
8.30am to 4.30pm (office hours)
Consular opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 11.30am (local time)
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the embassy are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at the embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
Access to the embassy compound and buildings is constrained by security considerations and the current layout of access routes and facilities. However, reception and security staff are alert to the requirements of disabled visitors and will endeavour to ensure that disabled visitors are provided with appropriate assistance during their visit to ensure that they have access to embassy services.
Access for visually-impaired visitors
Signs are generally clear and easy to read; Guide dogs are welcome.
Access for deaf or hard of hearing visitors
Hearing loops are not installed. Minicom and textphones are not installed. Staff do not use sign language, but Thai sign language interpreters can be arranged. Hearing dogs are welcome.
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact us at Tel: +856 (0)30 770 0000 to facilitate access for you.
Public holidays 2017
- 2 January - New Year’s Day
- 9 Mar - International Women’s day
- 13 April - Easter (substitute Monday 17)
- 14 April - Lao New Year (Pi Mai)/ Good Friday
- 17 April - Lao New Year (Pi Mai) (substitute Saturday 15)
- 18 April - Lao New Year (Pi Mai) (substitute Sunday 16)
- 1 May - International Labour Day
- 1 June - Children’s day
- 28 August - Summer Bank Holiday
- 6 October - Boat racing festival
- 3 November - Thatluang Festival
- 4 December - Lao National Day (substitute Saturday 2)
- 25 December - Christmas Day
- 26 December - Boxing Day