British Embassy Rome
Via XX Settembre 80/a
Telephone +39 06 4220 0001
Fax +39 06 4220 2333
Emergency consular assistance (24 hours) 06 4220 0001
The British Embassy offices in Rome are not open to the public. Visits are by appointment only.
We do not answer visa enquiries.
2017 public holidays
- Monday 2 Jan: new year’s day (instead of Sunday 1 Jan)
- Friday 6 Jan: Epiphany
- Friday 14 Apr: good Friday
- Monday 17 Apr: Easter Monday
- Tuesday 25 April: Liberation day
- Monday 1 May: May bank holiday & labour day
- Monday 29 May: Spring bank holiday
- Friday 2 Jun: Republic day
- Thursday 29 Jun: patron’s day (only Rome)
- Tuesday 15 Aug: Ferragosto
- Wednesday 1 Nov: all saints day
- Thursday 7 Dec: patron’s day (only Milan)
- Friday 8 Dec: Immaculate conception
- Monday 25 Dec: Christmas day
- Tuesday 26 Dec: Boxing day
General physical access
- Disabled access is possible through the main gate
- Access to the 1st and 2nd floor is possible with the lifts that have doors wide enough for wheelchairs
- There is a disabled toilet at the 2nd floor in front of the Consular/Visa office
For security reasons there is no parking available for visitors. Limited parking is available in the area, but it is extremely busy and visitors should not rely on getting a space. Parking may be requested within the grounds of the embassy in case of special need.
If you feel that our services may be inaccessible to you, please contact our receptionists on +39 06 4220 0001 who will try and find an alternative way of providing access for you.