British High Commission Port of Spain
The British High Commission is seeking a highly organised individual with strong administrative and team working skills for the contract position of Corporate Services Assistant (Grade A1L) within our Corporate Services Team (CST). CST keeps the British High Commission operational through first class service on finance, estates, IT, and transport, enabling operational colleagues to deliver the UK’s foreign policy and trade agendas and take care of British Nationals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: providing administrative support for the management of our estate; processing paperwork and securing approvals for our British diplomatic staff; covering for colleagues who provide support on finance, IT and transport; and other administrative support duties that keep the mission running smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Corporate Services Officer to maintain the British High Commission’s office and residential property portfolio;
- Liaise with Facilities Manager to ensure compliance with H&S regulations;
- Source products and services, ensuring value for money;
- Process paperwork for new UK staff arrivals and manage approvals process for diplomatic privileges;
- Make hotel bookings for official visitors;
- Cover for absences of Receptionist/Transport Manager;
- Other ad hoc support including filing, scanning, invoice processing etc.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 5 CXC subjects, including maths and English.
- A minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an administrative role;
- A can-do attitude with strong team working and customer service skills;
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
This position is a one year renewable contract, with the potential to extend for three years. The annual salary is TT$97,240. Health benefits are available after successful completion of a probationary period and other checks.
Candidates must have independent status to work and reside in Trinidad & Tobago. This either requires the individual to be a citizen, have permanent residence, or to possess a valid work permit.
You should submit your resume with a covering letter by email by 21 February 2016 to GeneralEnquiries.PtofS@fco.gov.uk
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British High Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.