Chef needed at British embassy Santiago
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British embassy in Santiago is recruiting a full time chef for the Ambassador's residence. The closing date is 2 August.
- Planning and producing menus for events (breakfast, lunch, dinner and receptions)
- Planning and producing daily menus for the Ambassador, his/her family and residence staff
- Manage the food stock and purchasing
- Prepare shopping lists in coordination with the Residence Manager, and assist with the purchasing process
- Keep the workplace clean and tidy as well as all kitchen utensils and equipment on a daily basis.
- Compliance with UK and Chilean Health & Safety food standards
- Collaborate with the Embassy staff to ensure an efficient and effective service at the Residence, including domestic issues as well
- Relevant academic qualifications
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the industry
- Experience of International Cuisine
- Experience in creating and producing menus as well as catering for large groups
- Self-sufficient and ability to work in a team
- Some command of spoken and written English and Spanish
- Certificate on course on Health and Safety practices (HACCP, ISO 9001-2000, SERVSAFE or similar)
- Training in First Aid
- Specialised training courses on Management, Service and Protocol
- Computer skills ( Outlook, Excel, Word)
- 45 hours per week
- Availability Monday to Friday
- Available to cover overtime
- 18 days per year.
- CLP$831,948.- per month gross on a seven month basis contract with the possibility of renewing for a permanent contract.
If interested please send a CV and covering letter to: Deputy Head of Corporate Services, British Embassy, Avenida el Bosque Norte 0125, Las Condes, Santiago.
Closing date: Friday 2nd August 2013 until 12 pm at the British Embassy Reception (Av. El Bosque Norte 0125, 1er Piso).
If you are selected for interview we will call you by 5th August 2013. Interviews will be on 8th August 2013. If you do not receive a call you have not been selected, however, we will keep your CV on file and consider you for any other vacancies that arise.
Any subsequent job offer will be subject to employment and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Santiago is committed to creating and sustaining a culture that values and actively supports and promotes diversity.
For more information about the activities of the British Embassy in Santiago, follow us on: