The efficient management of healthcare estates and facilities (HBN 00-08)
Guidance for NHS trusts, foundation trusts and other NHS organisations on achieving efficiency savings and reducing costs in NHS estates.
PDF, 8.66MB, 30 pages
PDF, 1.07MB, 109 pages
PDF, 907KB, 18 pages
This building note is split into two parts.
Part A outlines how efficiencies in the running of land and property can be achieved.
Part B provides more detailed advice about the active management of land and buildings used for healthcare services. It includes advice on:
- general management of property including commercial opportunities for the benefit of patients, visitors and staff, and town planning
- the selling of surplus property and where required the buying of additional property
Many topics in Part B will help NHS organisations to achieve the efficiencies outlined in Part A.
17 March 2015: Addendums to the building note added, providing guides to:
- town planning for health organisations
- the healthcare system in England for local planning authorities
Published: 5 November 2014
Updated: 19 March 2015
- Addendums added providing guides to the healthcare system in England for local planning authorities, and to town planning for health organisations.
- First published.