© Crown copyright 2016
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/terms-and-conditions-for-connecting-to-govwifi/terms-and-conditions-for-connecting-to-govwifi
The GovWifi service
GovWifi is a cross-government service that provides wifi access in government buildings. It’s managed centrally by Government Digital Service (GDS), which is part of the Cabinet Office. It’s set up and supported by host organisations which provide the service to one or more government organisations.
Terms and conditions
By connecting to GovWifi, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You’re bound by the acceptable use policy of your host organisation.
- You must comply with the standards of behaviour that are expected by your employer or government organisation, including the Civil Service Code and the social media guidance for civil servants.
- Your host organisation may:
- log, monitor and restrict access for lawful purposes
- set their own acceptable use policies - contact your host organisation for more information on their policies
GDS will store your connection details, including your:
- email address
- mobile telephone number
- authentication attempts
- activation and last login dates
- IP address
- traffic volume
- GDS will share this information with any host organisation from which you access the service upon their request. GDS does not control, log or otherwise influence your network traffic once you’re authenticated to GovWifi.
- GovWifi stores your data on servers within Europe. Data may also be processed outside Europe when our suppliers and their staff need to view the data, but we have strict controls and policies over when and how they can do so.
- Your data will be stored while your account is active so you can use GovWifi. Once your account has been inactive for 12 months your data will be deleted.
GDS may occasionally contact you by email or text message, using the information you’ve provided, to give you important information about the GovWifi service, including:
- major changes to GovWifi
- changes to these terms and conditions
- requests for feedback, in order to improve GovWifi
- GDS can change these terms and conditions at any time. We’ll tell you about any change by email or text message, at least 30 days before the change happens. GDS will specify the date the change will happen in the message you receive. If you don’t accept the change, you must stop using GovWifi.
- Please contact GDS if you would prefer not to receive messages asking for feedback
- You must not use this service for any unlawful purposes.
For GovWifi support contact the IT helpdesk in your host organisation.