Request for statistical information about Freedom of Information requests submitted to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
FOI release 1134
Request for statistical information relating to the processing of requests for information made under information legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
- the numbers of requests that have been received/closed
- the numbers of requests that were and were not responded to within their statutory deadline
- the number of requests where an exemption or exception was applied to withhold information
- the number of all exemptions/exceptions that have been applied detailed by each individual exemption/exception, for example 40 requests where the section 40(2) personal data exemption has been applied
- the number of internal reviews requested and their respective outcomes, for example, 10 internal reviews of which 3 were upheld and 7 were not upheld
- the number of ICO appeals and their respective outcomes
For the current and previous financial years (2012/13 and 2013/14).
The information was released on 19 February 2014.