Road goods vehicles statistics travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe, by country of registration.
The results presented are based on information supplied by ferry operators and Eurotunnel. See the road freight domestic and international guidance for further details of how the data are collected.
Rolling annual total:
- there were 2.6 million goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe in the four quarters ending Q3 2013. This was 7% higher than in the four quarters ending Q3 2012, but still 10% lower than the 2007 peak.
- of these goods vehicles, 2 million were powered vehicles and 0.6 million were unaccompanied trailers. Powered vehicles increased by 9%, whereas unaccompanied trailers increased by only 2%, compared to the four quarters ending Q3 2012.
- of the powered vehicles, 1.63 million were foreign registered, compared to 332 thousand UK registered.
During quarter 3 2013:
- 683 thousand goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe, 12% higher than in Q3 2012 and the highest total since Q3 2008.
- of these goods vehicles, 517 thousand were powered vehicles and 166 thousand were unaccompanied trailers.
Roll-on roll-off international freight statistics enquiries
Public enquiries 020 7944 4129