Estimates of road traffic volume by vehicle type and road class in Great Britain for Quarter 3 (July to September) 2013.
This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the third quarter (July to September) of 2013.
Comparing Q3 (July to September) 2013 with the same quarter of the previous year:
- all motor vehicle traffic increased, by 2.3%, to 77.0 billion vehicle miles.
- all vehicle types have shown an increase, including:
- car traffic increased by 1.9% to 60.8 billion vehicle miles.
- light goods vehicle traffic increased by 5.1% to a peak of 10.8 billion vehicle miles.
- heavy goods vehicle traffic increased by 2.7% to 4.0 billion vehicle miles.
- traffic volumes increased on all road types, with larger increases on minor roads (3.3%) and motorways (3.2%) than ‘A’ roads (1.2%).
Road traffic and free flow speeds statistics enquiries
Public enquiries 020 7944 3095