Master Indemnity Agreement
The Master Indemnity Agreement (MIA) register holds information on all approved suppliers to NHS organisations.
The Master Indemnity Agreement (MIA) is an agreement between NHS organisations in England and suppliers that provide equipment free of charge, either on loan or on a permanent basis.
The MIA register holds the names of all the suppliers, their MIA registration numbers and the expiry date of their insurance. The MIA register is updated monthly.
Suppliers need to complete the appropriate forms and provide proof of their public and products liability insurance to register for the MIA.
The MIA guidance notes advises on the forms that need to be completed for registering.
Suppliers should contact the MIA support team to register and to update their own details.
For NHS organisations
NHS organisations should contact the MIA support team if a supplier’s details either do not appear on the MIA register, or if any of the information appears to be incorrect.
The MIA support team can be contacted by emailing: email@example.com
Published: 5 July 2010
Updated: 28 July 2017
- The Master Indemnity Agreement (MIA) register has been updated.
- The MIA process has been updated to incorporate the new MIA documentation and new numbering system, and now reflects the current NHS terms and conditions.
- MIA guidance and forms have been updated.
- The Master Indemnity Agreement (MIA) has been updated.
- Uploaded the MIA register, guidance and forms.
- First published.