Information about the number of people added to the DBS barred lists
Request for information about how many people have been added to the DBS barred lists and why.
Ref: 1080 PDF, 177KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The number of people added to:
- the barred list relating to working with children
- the barred list relating to working with adults
- the barred list relating to working with children and adults in each of the last four years.
For each category, I would like to know:
- the number added to the list following conviction for an offence that qualifies for an automatic bar
- the number added to the list following conviction for an offence that qualifies for an automatic bar with the right to make representations
- conversely, I would like to know the number who were not placed on the barred list because of representations made
- the number added to the list following referral to the BBS (or the ISA before this) without a conviction
Finally, I would like to know how many people were removed from each of the 3 barred lists in each of the past four years, and how many of these people were removed after an application from the individual.
Published: 28 April 2014