HB Circular A1/2011: Future Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit inspections in England
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Part of:
- Housing Benefit for local authorities: adjudication circulars
- First published:
- 7 August 2013
Future Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit inspections in England.
PDF, 32.9KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This circular advises local authorities of changes to inspection arrangements for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit (HB/CTB) in England from April 2011. The changes, which have Ministerial approval, reflect the:
- improvement in HB/CTB performance at a national level in recent years
- Government’s localism agenda, which includes maximising accountability to communities and abolishing the Audit Commission, which currently carries out HB/CTB inspections
- continuing need to reduce costs across the public sector
Published: 7 August 2013