Designing pharmacy and radiopharmacy facilities (HBN 14-01)
Guidance on the design and layout of hospital pharmacy and radiopharmacy facilities in hospitals.
PDF, 2.04MB, 36 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance covers facilities for:
- a centralised area for the storage and distribution of medicines
- medicines storage and dispensing, including automated dispensing
- aseptic preparation of medicines
- non-sterile small-scale preparation and assembly of medicines
- office space for staff involved in purchasing medicines, managerial and administration work
For hospitals with aseptic preparation facilities, this guidance applies to those that don’t require a manufacturer’s ‘specials’ licence.