This document sets out the respective responsibilities of the Department for Education and the Children’s Commissioner to support work of both organisations and ensure the Children’s Commissioner’s independence, propriety and value for money.
This agreement will take effect from 1 April 2012 and will not convey any legal powers or responsibilities. It will be reviewed at least every 3 years, however, the Department for Education or the Commissioner may propose amendments at any time and revisions can be made with agreement of both parties, and as necessary HM Treasury.
The department will arrange for copies of this document and any subsequent substantive amendments to be placed in the libraries of both Houses of Parliament.
- the purpose of the Children’s Commissioner and statutory duties
- Children’s Commissioner’s Accounting Officer responsibility
- ministerial responsibilities
- information management and security
- arrangements in the event that the Children’s Commissioner’s office is wound up