First registration of title if deeds are lost or destroyed (PG2)
Applying for first registration of land where the title deeds have been lost or destroyed (practice guide 2).
Aimed at conveyancers, this guide gives information about HM Land Registry requirements concerning applications for first registration of land where the title deeds have been lost or destroyed.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 18 April 2016
- Section 3 has been amended to clarify our practice in respect of the protective entries we make in the register.
- Section 2 has been amended to clarify that you should lodge only copy documents with your application as we will scan and destroy originals.
- The guide has been updated to confirm the land registration fees payable and that some land charges searches are still required when making an application where deeds have been lost or destroyed.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Welsh translation added.
- Section 2.2.6 has been updated to make it clearer what kind of evidence of possession we would normally expect to see.
- First published.