A guide to the Financial List in the Rolls Building, which handles complex court cases about financial markets.
Financial List cases can be started in the Commercial Court or Chancery Division of the High Court.
The list can deal with cases:
- worth more than £50 million
- which need expert judicial knowledge of financial markets
- which raise important issues for the sector
The guide includes information on:
- the jurisdiction of the list
- rules and practice directions
- transferring cases into and out of the list
- the market test case scheme
- how to issue a case
- listing arrangements
It also includes contact details for queries about the list.