Types of childcare that don’t need to register with Ofsted

'Registration not required' has the types of childcare that don’t need to register with Ofsted.


Registration not required

Registration not required

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request a different format.

If you use assistive technology and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Providers and potential providers should read ‘Registration not required’ before using the exemption notification form.

If you do not need to register with Ofsted because you are exempt from doing so, you may still choose to do so by joining the voluntary part of the Childcare Register as long as you meet the requirements for registration on the voluntary part of this register. The information at the end of ‘Registration not required’ tells you how to find these requirements.