Request for dispute, complaint and redress statistics in the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ref: 1100 PDF, 148KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
I note your request for information was as follows:
- the number of disputed CRB disclosures upheld in favour of the applicant for each year that figures are available. Please provide annual totals.
- the amount of money paid out in compensation by the CRB/DBS for each year that data is available. Again please provide annual totals.
- please provide the largest amount paid out in compensation to one person.
- the number of complaints received by the CRB/DBS for each year that data is available. Please provide annual totals.
- when incorrect information has been supplied, please provide a breakdown of where this information originated eg PNC, local police, CRB/DBS.
- please provide a breakdown of what complaints received were about.
- please provide a breakdown of what compensation payments have been for.
If all the information requested can’t be collated without exceeding the financial limit please begin with the first question and answer as many questions as possible.
Ideally I would like figure for calendar years though if financial years are easier, and therefore cheaper, that would be fine. And please could I have the year to date figures for all the questions.
Ideally I would like the annual breakdown for what complaints and compensation related to. I am conscious of that these may be time consuming so perhaps I could just have the breakdown for the past two years.
Published: 12 December 2013