DBS Equality information
I note your request for information was as follows:
1) does Disqualification and Barring Service consider itself a Public Service and as such comt with the Public Sector Equality duty, based on 2010 Equalities Act?
2) Does Disqualification and Barring Service consider that it undertakes equalities monitoring of all employees on a regular basis?
3) Has Disqualification and Barring Service undertaken to ascertain the proportion of male employees who identify as ‘gay’?
And if so are Disqualification and Barring Service willing to share the percentage results? Ie: ‘our most recent employee monitoring identified that 12% of male officers/employees from a total of x-thousand men and x-thousand in total, did not identify as mainly heterosexual.’
4) have Senior Officers in Disqualification and Barring Service compared the proportional number of self-identifying ‘gay’ employees with those reporting for other similar organisations?
5) Have Senior Officers in Disqualification and Barring Service compared the proportional number of self-identifying ‘gay’ employees with data relating to their school-based, teaching and non-teaching staff nationally?
6) Have Senior Officers undertaken positive action with regard to any aspect of the Publice Sector Equality Duty and the proportion of self-identifying ‘gay’ employees? And if so what form has that action taken?
7) Have Senior officers undertaken to draw-up a ‘positive action plan’ with regard to taking reasonable action relating to the employment / on-going employment of employees with regard to sexual orientations?
And if so would a copy of that plan be available via an FOI request?