Communications about the launch of DBS
Request for information about communication of the merger of CRB and ISA to form the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ref: 1144 PDF, 71.5KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- the exact date when employers/ self-employed/ organisations/ NHS etc could or were informed about the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) being formed by the merger of the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA)?
- were these organisations/ NHS/ teachers informed by email, leaflet or from another source from/ via the DBS/ Home Office?
- more specifically, after these changes, when and how was Transport for London (TfL) informed?
- when and how did the DBS inform Transport for London about the delays caused by these change(s) for employed and self-employed associated with TfL?
- why does is it take longer for British people that have lived in the UK all their lives to receive their Enhanced CRB than persons applying/ reapplying for their checks from the rest of Europe or persons that have leave to remain in the UK?
Published: 21 March 2014