This consultation is now closed. There were 107 substantial responses to the consultation.
This consultation is now closed.
There were 107 substantial responses to the consultation. Read a summary of the responses in the document below.
This consultation seeks views on the content of a new code of practice on the use of closed circuit television (CCTV) systems and other similar surveillance camera systems.
The aim is to develop a code of practice for those using these systems, to help them to decide if using them is necessary, and how to get the best out of the systems and also for members of the public, to inform them about how these systems should be used and how to find out more about them.
Contribute to the consultation
We welcome comments from owners and operators of CCTV and automatic number plate recognition systems and cameras, including government, local authorities, police forces and businesses, and suppliers of such equipment and the public.
- Code of practice relating to surveillance cameras (PDF file - 260kb)
- Code of practice relating to surveillance cameras (Microsoft Word file - 178kb)
- The impact assessment (PDF file - 922kb)
- Response to the code of practice relating to surveillance cameras consultation (PDF file - 218kb)
- Intended audience: Owners and operators of CCTV and automatic number plate recognition systems and cameras.
- Reference number: Code of practice relating to surveillance cameras
- Issued: 01 Mar 2011
- Opening date: 01 Mar 2011
- Closing date: 25 May 2011
How to respond
Please send your response to…
Policing powers and protection unit
Home Office 5th Floor, NW Quarter, Fry Building
2 Marsham Street