Departmental advice for schools on buying practice and how to achieve better value for money.
This departmental advice is for:
- school leaders
- school staff
- governing bodies
It relates to maintained schools.
The advice outlines basic rules of procurement, which aim to ensure that public funds are spent openly and fairly and make the most of every budget. It also aims to protect schools against:
- legal challenges
- financial penalties
- reputation damage
- areas of spend where schools can achieve value for money
- organisations that provide contracts, deals and frameworks
- links to finance, procurement, and school related information
- ways to help schools compare their spending against others
- training opportunities
- information about buying green, and environmental initiatives