Terence was Chief Executive of Crown Agents, the international development company, from 2011-2015 following a 16 year career with Ministry of Defence (MOD). Terence held several senior positions within the MOD including Command Secretary RAF Air Command, Director Financial Management, a Director role leading the privatisation of the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency as QinetiQ, and as political adviser to the NATO commander in Afghanistan.
Terence has held a range of non-executive positions in the private, public and third sectors including at Crown Agents, QinetiQ, the Meteorological Office, London Library and two Wildlife Trusts. He currently holds a non-executive position at London Pensions Fund Authority, Tree Aid and the Marine Management Organisation.
SSRO Non-executive member
The SSRO Non-executive members are responsible for:
- providing independent and constructive challenge
- establishing the strategic direction of the SSRO (within a policy and resources framework agreed with ministers)
- overseeing the development and implementation of strategies, plans and priorities
- overseeing the development and review of key performance targets including financial targets
- ensuring that the public body complies with all statutory and administrative requirements on the use of public funds
Previous roles in government
SSRO External Referral Panel Member
- 2015 to 2017