Terence was Chief Executive of Crown Agents, the international development company, from 2011-2015 following a 16 year career with Ministry of Defence (MOD). Terence held several senior positions within the MOD including Command Secretary RAF Air Command, Director Financial Management, a Director role leading the privatisation of the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency as QinetiQ, and as political adviser to the NATO commander in Afghanistan.
Terence has held a range of board positions in the private, public and third sectors including at Crown Agents, QinetiQ, the Meteorological Office, London Library and two Wildlife Trusts. He is currently Chair of Bath Spa university, a non-executive director at the London Pensions Fund Authority and the Marine Management Organisation, and a trustee of Tree Aid.
The SSRO Non-executive members are responsible for:
- providing independent and constructive challenge
- establishing the strategic direction of the SSRO (within a policy and resources framework agreed with ministers)
- overseeing the development and implementation of strategies, plans and priorities
- overseeing the development and review of key performance targets including financial targets
- ensuring that the public body complies with all statutory and administrative requirements on the use of public funds
Previous roles in government
External Referral Panel Member
- 2015 to 2017