She is Chair of the National Oversight Group for High Secure Psychiatric services (NOG), and a Non-Executive Director for the Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA). From 2010 to 2015 she was a Vice President at McKesson -one of the largest health care companies in the world. In addition she has 25 years senior Management experience in the NHS and UK Government, including
- Chief Executive Wales Probation Service
- Chief Executive -Yorkshire and Humber Strategic Health Authority
- Director General- Department of Health
- NHS national Board Member
- Chief executive of a large District General and mental health Hospital which was warded ‘Trust of the year’ under Margaret’s leadership.
Margaret’s qualifications include BA (Hons) Economics, MBA, a Diploma in the Ethics of Medicine and completion of both the INSEAD and Cabinet offices Top Management programmes.
The Review Body on Senior Salaries provides independent advice to the Prime Minister, the Lord Chancellor, the Secretary of State for Defence, the Secretary of State for Health and the Home Secretary on the pay of: the judiciary; senior civil servants; senior officers of the armed forces; certain senior managers in the NHS; Police and Crime Commissioners; chief police officers; and other such public appointments as may from time to time be specified.
Government non-executive directors provide advice and bring an external perspective to the business of government departments. They do not have decision-making powers.