We need to collect and use personal information about you so that we can provide our services to you.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise to:
- inform you of the information we may collect about you and why we need it
- keep this information accurate and up-to-date
- only ask for what we need and use it for the purposes it was collected
- protect it and make sure that nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no
- not keep it any longer than necessary
- not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
- help you to understand your rights in relation to your personal information, including how you can request a copy
Innovate UK is part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
We have our own privacy notice and information management policy, which should be read in addition to UKRI’s privacy notice.
Sharing information with partners
Sometimes we will need to share information with other authorised parties in order to deliver our public tasks and functions. This includes our close network of affinity partners.
Affinity partners help us achieve our objective to stimulate and develop UK innovation. These are organisations that can help Innovate UK to fund and support innovative businesses and accelerate sustainable economic growth for the UK.
Request your information
The Data Protection Act allows you to request to view the personal information that is held about you. If you would like to do this, you should submit your request in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Head of Information Governance
UK Research and Innovation
North Star Avenue
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.