Innovate UK Governing Board
Our work is overseen by a governing board, which sets overall objectives and direction. The board meets about 6 times each year.
For more information on the board, its members, meetings and business, please email the board secretary, Sophie.Dale-Black@innovateuk.gov.uk.
The members are:
- Phil Smith, Non-executive Chair
- Hazel Moore
- Harry Swan
- Tim Edwards
- John Latham
- Gerard Grech
- Priya Guha
- Simon Devonshire
UK Research and Innovation
From 1 April 2018, Innovate UK, the 7 Research Councils and Research England will come together under UK Research and Innovation.
When we move into this new organisation, we will be led by an Executive Chair, who will be supported by up to 12 council members.
Members will have expertise in research and innovation across higher education, industry and commerce, policy or civil society, and a range of different characteristics and professional backgrounds. Recruitment is underway.
Previous meeting agendas are on the relevant Innovate UK page on the National Archives
Innovate UK Executive Management Team
Our executive management team is responsible for implementing the governing board’s strategy and vision.
They lead a team of over 250 technologists, business specialists and support staff to make sure we meet our objectives.
The members are:
- Dr Ruth McKernan CBE, Chief Executive
- Kevin Baughan, Deputy Chief Executive
- Sarah Vodden, Interim Operations Director
- Mike Biddle, Programme Director - Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- Simon Edmonds, Director - Manufacturing & Materials
- Paul Mason, Director - Emerging & Enabling Technologies
- Ian Meikle, Director - Infrastructure Systems
- Ian Campbell, Director - Health and Life Sciences
- Ruth Elliot, Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Nigel Townley, Director - IT & Business Change
- Tim Sawyer, Chief Investment Officer
Annual Reports and Accounts
You can find links to our previous Annual Reports and Accounts below:
2016 to 2017 Annual Report and Accounts
2015 to 2016 Annual Report and Accounts
2014 to 2015 Annual Report and Accounts
2013 to 2014 Annual Report and Accounts
2012 to 2013 Annual Reports and Accounts