Innovate UK Council
Innovate UK is part of UK Research and Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government.
Our work is overseen by a Council, which sets overall objectives and direction. The Council meets about 6 times each year.
For more information on the Council, its members, meetings and business, please email Sophie.Dale-Black@innovateuk.ukri.org.
The members are:
- Sir Harpal Kumar, Senior Independent Member
- Arnab Basu MBE
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge
- Juliet Davenport OBE
- John Fingleton
- Priya Guha
- Elaine Jones
- John Latham
- Sir William Sargent
- Stephen Welton
Innovate UK supports businesses of different sizes across a range of industries. The Council’s membership reflects that.
Members have a range of expertise in research and innovation that is drawn across business, entrepreneurship, investment, technology, economics and business impact evaluation, and have different characteristics and professional backgrounds.
Previous meeting agendas are on the relevant Innovate UK page on the National Archives
Innovate UK Executive Management Team
Our executive management team is responsible for implementing the governing board’s strategy and vision.
They lead a team of around 300 technologists, business specialists and support staff to make sure we meet our objectives.
The members are:
- Ian Campbell, Interim Executive Chair
- Sarah Vodden, Director - Business Operations
- Mike Biddle, Director - Strategy & Global
- Simon Edmonds, Director - Manufacturing, Materials & Mobility
- Paul Mason, Director - Commercialisation & Open
- Ian Meikle, Director - Clean Growth & Infrastructure
- Tim Sawyer, Chief Investment Officer
- Michael Warren, Deputy Director - Communications
Annual Reports and Accounts
You can find links to our previous Annual Reports and Accounts below:
2016 to 2017 Annual Report and Accounts
2015 to 2016 Annual Report and Accounts
2014 to 2015 Annual Report and Accounts
2013 to 2014 Annual Report and Accounts
2012 to 2013 Annual Reports and Accounts