Innovate UK Council
Innovate UK is part of UK Research and Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government.
Our work is overseen by a Council, which sets overall objectives and direction. The Council meets 6 times a year.
For more information on the Council, its members, meetings and business, please email Lindsey.Weston@innovateuk.ukri.org.
The members are:
- Sir Harpal Kumar, Senior Independent Member
- Arnab Basu MBE
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge
- Juliet Davenport OBE
- John Fingleton
- Priya Guha
- Elaine Jones
- John Latham CBE
- Sir William Sargent
- Mike Short CBE
- Stephen Welton
Members have a range of expertise in research and innovation that is drawn across business, entrepreneurship, investment, technology, economics and business impact evaluation, and have different characteristics and professional backgrounds.
Previous meeting agendas are on the relevant Innovate UK page on the National Archives
Innovate UK Executive Management Team
Our executive management team lead a team of around 300 technologists, business specialists and support staff to make sure we meet our objectives.
The members are:
- Ian Campbell, Interim Executive Chair
- Simon Edmonds, Deputy Executive Chair and Chief Business Officer
- Mike Biddle, Director - ISCF programme
- Ian Meikle, Director - CLean Growth and Infrastructure
- Guy Woolley, Director - ISCF Governance
- Paul Mason, Director - Responsive Programmes
- Dr Kath Mackay, Director - Ageing Society, Health & Nutrition
- Dr Zoë Webster, Director - AI & Data Economy
- Tim Murley, Interim Chief Investment Officer
- Louisa Simons, Chief Operating Officer
Annual Reports and Accounts
You can find links to our previous Annual Reports and Accounts below:
2018 to 2019 Annual Report and Accounts - now combined with UK Research and Innovation
2017 to 2018 Annual Report and Accounts
2016 to 2017 Annual Report and Accounts
2015 to 2016 Annual Report and Accounts
2014 to 2015 Annual Report and Accounts
2013 to 2014 Annual Report and Accounts
2012 to 2013 Annual Reports and Accounts