The publication scheme specifies the categories of information Defra and its agencies publish and explains how to access that information.
The Freedom of Information Act requires us to tell members of the public how they can find information that is routinely made available. More information about this requirement can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website. We have formally adopted the model publication scheme.
We publish the majority of our information on this website, and specific documents can be found using the publication search.
If the information you want is not routinely published, you can make a request for it under the Freedom of Information Act. Where the information is published elsewhere you will find the required link in the list below.
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts:
- organisational structure, roles and responsibilities
- Defra’s agencies and public bodies
- legislation relevant to Defra’s functions
- location and contact details
- answers to Parliamentary Questions published by UK Parliament
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information about projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audits:
- annual report
- transparency publications
- core tables - resource and capital budget
- ministers: allowances and expenses
- senior staff and board members: allowances and expenses
- procurement procedures
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews:
How we make decisions
Decision-making processes and records of decisions: